It may only be September, but we're jumping into Pumpkin Spice Season (Yes, it's a season all on its own!) early this year.
We've heard a lot lately about when it's appropriate to start chatting pumpkin. Some think September is way too early, and others are content with all pumpkin flavors sticking to the month they were made for, October.
Here's our take: fall is full of fun, exciting and dynamic flavors that were meant to be enjoyed. And if we can enjoy them longer? All the better. It may still be blazing hot outside at Icebox HQ, but a warm Pumpkin Spice Muffin with our cold brew in the morning gives us the same feeling we get watching leaves fall. So here's to autumn, to pumpkin spice, and to enjoying all things delicious.
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Icebox Coffee New Orleans Style Concentrate
For the glaze:
1 ounce of Icebox Coffee New Orleans Blend Cold Brew Concentrate
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- In a larger bowl, combine oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and Icebox Coffee New Orleans Blend concentrate. Beat until smooth with an electric mixer or whisk.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick insert comes out clean.
- When muffins have cooled, whisk together powdered sugar and Icebox Coffee. Drizzle glaze over fresh muffins and enjoy!