To kick off our fall coffee recipes we started with the classic, staple of the fall- pumpkin spice latte. In an attempt to make this recipe more authentic we broke out the pumpkin and started from scratch. While it sounds like a long and daunting process we were surprised at how simple and quick the drink was to make. Check out the recipe below!
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
2 shots Icebox New Orleans Style Concentrate
- Heat the pumpkin and spices: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Stir in the sugar: Stir sugar into the mixture until it appears to have dissolved into the pumpkin.
- Warm the milk: Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Warm gently over medium heat, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Blend the milk: Carefully process the milk mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a thick wad of towels!) until frothy and blended.
- Mix the drinks: Divide the pumpkin mixture between two glasses then stir two ounces of Icebox New Orleans Blend. Optional- add whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon.
Our recipe was inspired by this from thekitchn.com